cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Texting Rules

dweiss86
Listener

We're a small organization dealing with parents and prospective parents. If we're sending a simple SMS, are we required to put the STOP line in every text? We probably send three texts a week on an individual basis.

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @dweiss86 

According to text in this Zoom Support article, Setting up Zoom SMS with 10DLC Compliance for conversational messaging, no (see attached screenshot). It seems to me that I read somewhere that the system will add the sample STOP text and HELP text that we specify in the Campaign setup. It might have been on the setup page itself as a help bubble. I can't verify that now because our campaign has already been approved.  

I hope that helps!

Craig

LSTjulied
Listener

this is good information for filling in the form. i'm frustrated that this policy will result in potentially confusing information to our text recipients. our non-profit sends out maybe 3 texts per quarter in response to a specific  customer/volunteer's request for texted information.  I may also send out a reminder to a volunteer to check email for a message needing a response once a quarter or so.   the STOP message will make it seem that i'm AI instead of the live customer service we provide. Additionally, the HELP feature is confusing -- we do not automate text messaging. My office number is the help number -- customers call me for assistance -- so the text they are receiving is coming from the "help number".... it's not a one-size fits all world. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LSTjulied.

The whole 10DLC process is confusing and not clearly communicated. Honestly it’s not all Zoom’s fault – the big carriers are forcing this on the “alternative” guys like Zoom, Ring Central, etc. 

My advice: follow the process to create SMS campaigns and assign all your SMS-capable numbers to it.  My understating is that only high-volume texters will be scrutinized, but you’ll have to be attached to a campaign to send anything. 

Here’s my approved campaign info:

Ray_Harwood_0-1686781089714.jpeg

The text in the Inbound SMS section is something not even remotely related; I have no idea how/why I pasted it in, but it was approved – go figure. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !