cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Park Broken - No Call Parked at This Location

Ry
Attendee

Has anyone else had their parking lot functionality stop working? We've been on Zoom Phones for 2-3 years now using the parking lot feature with no issue. Starting this week, however, we are unable to retrieve parked calls. After we park a call it wills say it's parked on *701, for example, but when we try to pick it up it says, "Sorry, there is no call parked at this location". We haven't made any changes to our set up. The calls are being parked and retrieved from the same site and it's affecting both physical desk phones (Yealink T58A) as well as the Zoom mobile and desktop apps. Support has not been helpful and this is having a big impact on our business. I did noticed that Zoom rolled out private call park and aim call park on the same day this broke for us so I'm thinking that this new functionality broke our setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ry
Attendee

Thanks, @Eliot . The issue was escalated to the correct team yesterday and we had it resolved today. The issue was a grandfathered-in custom setup we had where our parking lot locations started with *701, rather than *801. The new functionality that was added in for call park this past week broke our setup. It's since been fixed and we can now retrieve parked calls again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ry,

maybe zoom has partially fixed parking lot functionality. 

for me it works for poly vvx450 6.4.5.1251 and yealink sip-54w 96.86.3.12. 

it does not work for zoom ios 5.17.0 nor zoom windows client 5.17.0.  when i put a call on park with windows client or ios app, i did not get the park location. 

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

correction, zoom ios and zoom windows client both work.  i mistakenly thought i would get an audio announcement.  as per support article, you only get a notification on your screen with the retrieval code.

thanks,  eliot

Ry
Attendee

Thank you for checking, @Eliot. We're now on our fourth day not being able to retrieve parked calls. Our employees across all of our branches are very frustrated as call parking is a necessity for handling the volume of incoming calls.

My IT team is extremely disappointed with Zoom support. It has taken four days to get support to escalate this to their engineering team, despite us telling them this is an urgent and critical issue. The only thing provided by support thus far was the standard documentation for parking calls as well as a recommendation to power cycle the phones. I understand power cycling is part of the troubleshooting process, but we're four days into this and they just asked us to do that now.  Needless to say, power cycling the phones was the first thing we did - even our users knew to try that before contacting IT.  Support also made this recommendation after we provided video demonstrations of the issue happening not only on our desk phones, but on the desktop app, and mobile app as well so power cycling the phones obviously wouldn't have fixed this problem.

We're beyond frustrated at this point at the lack of urgency on the Zoom team. If there are any Zoom employees in support, engineering, or customer service that see this and can provide any further support other than power cycling our phones I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like senior management to be aware of this critical weakness. A tech company of this size should be able to provide better support than saying "turn it off and back on again" after four days.

Eliot

hi ry,

is call park location assignment set to sequential?

Eliot_1-1703260330421.png

on my zoom phone system, the default was random, but i changed it to sequential. 

when i park a call, the first location is *801.  on both my poly vvx 450 and my yealink t54w, i set up park line keys for *801, *802, *803.  the first call i parked was assigned to *801.  on both my poly vvx 450 and my yealink t54w desk phones show RED for *801.  when i push the *801 line key on my yealink, i pick up the parked call on *801.  

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Ry
Attendee

Thanks, @Eliot . The issue was escalated to the correct team yesterday and we had it resolved today. The issue was a grandfathered-in custom setup we had where our parking lot locations started with *701, rather than *801. The new functionality that was added in for call park this past week broke our setup. It's since been fixed and we can now retrieve parked calls again.

Eliot

hi ry,

great to hear that you got call park fixed.

i should have paid attention to the fact that your parking lot locations started with *701.  in the early days of zoom phone, you got zoom to add call parking which a lot of zoom phone customers use today.  great job!

happy holidays.

eliot

stevensmason
Listener

should have paid attention to the fact that your parking lot locations started with *701.  in the early days of zoom phone, you got zoom to add call parking which a lot of zoom phone customers use today.  great job!

happy holidays.

eliot

0 Likes