cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom desktop application not supported (mac) message

Carla387
Listener

I am running Monterey OS on mac. I have enabled downloads. The zoom desktop client downloads fine and it also says it is installed ok but when I go to open it from inside my application folder it has a cross through it and says this app is not supported.  I have updated everything, run virus scans, etc...I have downloaded and tried to install 10 times.  And still no luck.

Thoughts?

Carla

4 REPLIES 4

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @Carla387 - We are sorry to hear about the ordeal. Please, can you access this page ~> "How to uninstall Zoom"  then re-install using this link ~> "Zoom Client for Meetings"

Joaz2080_0-1638889565944.png

hannahmadwww890
Listener

I'm having the same problem! Did you find a solution?

I have found a work-around for the error on the Mac O/S is showing the installed application as "Not Support on this Mac Device"

Via Download URL https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting - Install Zoom for MAC

Once installed and if still not working - Load any ZOOM meeting URL and waiting for the web browswer page to load ... You will see on the web browser page " Dont have Zoom Client Installed? download here ' - Click the download here and install yet another verizon of ZOOM

This cured my issue

I can confirm this. I think the downloads page is linking to the wrong installer.