cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video panel freezes when moved to dual monitor

LuciusDR
Listener

Hello.

Since last week, my video freezes whenever I move my video window to second(or third) monitor. This includes all the videos of main zoom window, small pop up video when screen sharing and even the monitoring video of options panel. It doesn't move again until the meeting is closed and new meeting is started.

I asked my clients whether they can see my video properly and they answered yes. So it's only my screen that freezes. Also audio works perfectly fine. 

My 'using dual montior' option is not working at all, showing only my name without any video on, so I guess the problem might be around the same issue.

I tried uninstall and reinstalling zoom, checking all the advance options off and updating to newest versions. nothing worked.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

13 REPLIES 13

miri123
Listener

I have the same problem so bumping this.

Deryaus
Listener

Bump. 

Please look into this Zoom support. Need a fix. 

Makes it very hard to facilitate a meeting when you need to run a presentation and be able to see all the participants.

f33rn44nd00
Listener

I also have this problem. Bumping

Michelle14
Listener

I'm also having this issues. Tried everything I can think of, including disabling hardware acceleration. Zoom, fix this please!! 

Please bump this, it is a real problem

Deryaus
Listener

I Was having the same issue and was able to fix this on my comp.

You can check my thread and see if it works for you.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Dual-window-freezing/m-p/125963

This solution did not work. This problem is related to an update that happened right before I posted in this thread. Thanks anyway!

I already tried this and it doesn't work.  Just like f33rn44nd00, it happened after the last update.  This feature used to work but no longer does.

Since yesterday's update to the client, it's now working for me again, I can even share my second screen again and it won't freeze

Alaa-Al
Listener

Same issue here

Ellis33
Listener

I am having this issue as well

ayaspan
Listener

I have the same issue. This has been happening for a month. This has been such an issue. I recommend switching out of Zoom to Google for the company. This is a widespread issue and has no fix to date. Other video conferencing has no problems with Google and Teams. However, Zoom works in the browser, not in the app. So, this is an issue with the app.

vching
Listener

Same issue. Bump