cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recurring meetings issues

sberger88
Listener

Out of no where, starting 2 weeks ago, when I would adjust a new meeting to be recurring, Zoom asked me how many times would it recur, what is the end date of the recurrence, and what day of the week would it recur on. As a result, the meeting shows up many times, like 30 times.  Before this update or whatever it is, I would select recurring feature, and that would be that. There would be one meeting item in my dashboard that would remain indefinitely.  Any idea what happened? Is this an update or something else?  Is there a way around it? Why is it happening?

Also, I signed in today (7/12) and none of my meetings, meetings which had been there for up to a year in some cases, were there. Any idea?

Thank you!

Shawn

7 REPLIES 7

userm
Listener

Yes i have the same problem-- have you had any luck figuring out how to remedy this? Thank you!

sberger88
Listener

Hi, I did figure it out after talking w Zoom support, but it's not a great situation in my opinion. Zoom has decided to break the recurring meeting feature into two categories, "no fixed time", which is what you and I were using and want to keep using, and "fixed time", the one you and I are having a problem with.

For whatever reason, and I've tried to find out, but Zoom customer support evades my question every time, the no fixed time option is only available via your browser, not the Zoom desktop app.  So when you're on your browser creating a meeting, click recurring, then click "recurrence" and then select "no fixed time".

You can launch no fixed time recurring meetings from the desktop version as long as you've updated to the most recent version, but now, "Home" and "Meetings" have been combined into one dashboard.  Click "anytime" meetings at the bottom of small window on right side of new dashboard (attaching picture).

I'm so upset that they did this, def gonna consider a dif service. Hope this helps.

Shawn

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 2.25.57 PM.png

What a mistake on Zoom's part.  Making the product more difficult to use is not a good business move.  99% of my meetings are recurring with no fixed time for the ease of my clients.  This is a major PITA.  

AReikiLife
Listener

This has been a huge inconvenience to my business.  I agree very frustrating and will also be researching other services now.

sberger88
Listener

90% of my meetings are recurring lol...I think they are getting too big for a segment of their client base and more interested in users with behaviors that make operations more efficient or cost effective for them. That or they are just making a huge misinterpretation about what users want.

Oh man, you know what I just realized--I bet they're phasing out the app in the near-ish future. Quickbooks just did the same thing.

alissawkkkkk
Listener

Thank you for posting this workaround solution! Very frustrating

LJ67
Listener

Same issues.  This is really frustrating!