cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clients attempting zoom.com.cn login and failing

r_r
Listener

Hi team, we've had a bunch of clients trying to login at zoom.com.cn and failing. How can I set the clients to login to zoom.us? Is there a larger issue here? Thanks, Rick

8 REPLIES 8

Iron_Fab
Listener

I ran into this same problem yesterday with a couple of users. Following this thread for more info

Hi Iron.....for windows machines, you can uninstall the application and remove the zoom folders from the user profile roaming folder and maybe local too. Then reinstall. That should fix windows. I haven't tested a procedure for macs yet. -r

rbuch
Listener

I have seen the same problem after an update for Zoom on on of my users - I reported it to support and so far none of the solutions work.

Logging into another user on the same machine the same login works so its related to specific users.

This is a M1 Mac just for completeness

Hi rbuch, we found that you can go to the zoom menu>>uninstall zoom. Then redownload and install. I was a bit surprised this worked as i thought a plist or other config file with the bad data might remain. But the new install was fine. -r

We tried that Initially and also Deleting zoom files listed to us by support

1. Delete folder ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/zoom.us/data
  2. Delete file ~/Library/Preferences/zoom.us/ZoomChat.plist
  3. Terminate all cfprefsd processes.

None of this had any effect and for M1 

1. ~/Library/Preferences/zoom.us/ZoomChat.plist did not exist

So we are still stuck

curious.....did you also reboot / (maybe) hardware reset (former smc reset process) the machine after uninstalling the app, removing the files and stopping the processes? I'd have thought that your process which should also remove any reference to zoom.com.cn would work. 

Do you install from a package you made or download a fresh installer?

-r

Yes we also rebooted (Several times)

I got this solution from Zoom Support that worked.

1. Open Finder and go to the Application folder.
  2. Right-click on Zoom.us and click on Show package contents\Contents\Frameworks.
  3. Double-click on ZoomUninstaller. Just follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
  4. Restart the Mac.
  5. Install the latest version via zoom.us/support/download.

***Please note that it is very important to restart the computer before the reinstalling.

So problem solved.

Good news! Sounds like it's the native zoom uninstaller that does the trick.