cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom webcam issue

RG2004
Listener

I'm facing an unusual problem with Zoom on my desktop. When no webcam is connected, Zoom crashes upon attempting to join a meeting or access settings, taking about 10-15 minutes to display the window.

Once in settings, I can navigate through everything except virtual background and video options – clicking on these causes Zoom to freeze and eventually crash. The event viewer shows an Application Hang 1002.

I've already tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of Zoom, ensured Windows and drivers are up to date, and observed the issue on multiple computers and user profiles. Any assistance would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

RG2004
Listener

At present, the only effective workaround is connecting a webcam. When a webcam is plugged in, the “join meeting” window appears almost instantly, and I can access settings without the significant delay. However, relying on a webcam for desktop PCs not requiring it isn’t the preferred solution. Seeking guidance or a fix from anyone who has encountered a similar issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee

@RG2004 Hi, May I know your Windows system version  and Zoom client version?

Hi,

Windows 10 22H2 19045.3930

zoom version 5.17.29988

Jennife

@RG2004 Hi, this issue was not reproduced on my side, seems it happens under certain circumstances. Here are some bits of advice

1. ensure you have installed our Zoom version consistent with your system, for example, if your machine is 64-bit, please install a 64bit Zoom client, and the latest version is 5.17.5, please update.

2. If you still have this problem, and don't want to connect a real webcam, you can install a virtual camera such as OBS.

Hope it helps.

Regards

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @RG2004 just checking to see whether @Jennife's response was helpful. Were you able to determine whether you had the 32- or 64-bit system type installed? If so, please let us know if installing Zoom for your system type works; if not, let us know so we can continue to troubleshoot!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

edwinchen
Listener

hi team

My user also get the same issue ,while join the meeting and open his camera ,in few mins Zoom is getting no response .

Application Hang Event ID 1002 also can be found in Event viewer.

The program Zoom.exe version 5.15.10.20823 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 5974
Start Time: 01da5d64ab920265
Termination Time: 63
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe
Report Id: cdc79464-77b2-4744-bf58-decc6a403ded
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Hang type: Unknown

Hi,

I managed to fix the problem by installing the VDI plugin on the affected host. I’m not sure what the connection is. Although Citrix VDI is installed on the host, users encounter the issue when they are physically at the machine, not when they are connecting remotely.