cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom thinks that I am someone else

CarolineRoskey
Listener

I am an administrative assistant and I manage calendars and meetings for a few people. As such, sometimes I need to log into their zoom account for various reasons. Ever since I logged into my boss's account, anytime I join a meeting I join as him. I've tried logging out and logging in as myself. I've even tried adding the zoom extension to my google calendar and logging in as myself, but to no avail. I still join with his name and profile picture and then I have to rename it and change the profile picture. Any ideas on how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CarolineRoskey 

Are you logging in and out of those accounts via the Zoom website or the Zoom client?

And are you all on the same Zoom Business account?

Rupert

sparkerart
Listener

I have the same issue. My husband logged in on my laptop with his paid account exactly one time. The next time I clicked on a meeting link in an email, it put me right in (didn't ask me to log in) as him. I thought for sure that wouldn't happen again once I logged out as him and in as me. But...whenever I follow an email link for a meeting, it ALWAYS automatically logs me in as him, even when the last meeting I was in, I was logged in as me. I have to exit the meeting every time, click on my zoom tab and log in as myself. Every. Time. I basically just can never click on an email zoom link or I'll be in as him. I have tried everything. I'm out of ideas!!! Could this be because his is a paid account and mine's a free account so his account (the ghost of his account?) is somehow taking precedence??

mscott71
Listener

Has anyone found a resolution for this? I'm getting really tired of having to change my name to me for every meeting link that I join because a friend once logged into their account on my laptop months ago.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm logged in or not, joining a meeting always sets me back to her name.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Stop sharing accounts this way and use the Zoom scheduling privilege feature instead.

Scheduling privilege is designed for a user or an executive admin to:

• Assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
  • Schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) that has assigned you scheduling privilege. If both users have a webinar license, they can also schedule webinars for you.
  • Access cloud recordings and meeting reports for those you are a delegate for.
  • Act as an alternative host for any meetings you have scheduling privilege for.

Prerequisites for using scheduling privilege

• Both users must be Licensed or On-Prem
  • Both users must be on the same account, or linked master/sub accounts
  • Scheduling privilege enabled on the account by an admin

More details can be found on the Zoom support site here

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

mscott71
Listener

Hello,

Nice of you to assume that we're sharing accounts.  She has her account, I have mine.

If Zoom is designed so that two people can't use their own accounts on a single computer then you should probably learn how users work in the real world.

User information for an account that IS NOT LOGGED IN to the computer should not be the default user name and image that comes up on a computer. This other person logged into her account on my computer once six months ago. I have logged into my account regularly since then. When I start a meeting Zoom shows me as the user. When I click on someone else's meeting link to join a meeting Zoom shows the identity of the user who is not, has not been for months, logged into the computer.

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SHARING ACCOUNTS.

Frank_TB

I was responding to Caroline, the person who started this thread. 

You are welcome to start your own thread if I have somehow upset you.

Regards