cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recording not converted; doublt_click_to_convert file doesn't convert

LindsayTCC
Listener
Details about troubleshooting steps you have already taken:  I recorded a Zoom session on my computer. At the end, it did not convert because another file was open (if I remember rightly). The zip-folder for the session has a file named "double_click_to_convert_01.zoom" but nothing happens when I double-click or when I try to open the file. How can I get this file to convert?

There are audio and video files in the folder too, but they are of a subsequent recording (duplicates of the zip-file for today's recording).
Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LindsayTCC
Listener

I'm going to answer my own question here because I think I've figured it out.

I did the first recording on the 15th and, as I said the conversion aborted.  The next time I did a Zoom recording, on the 18th, the converted file for the new recording populated the folder for the 15th (so I got two copies of the 18th).

I identified which files were present after a recording and before the conversion, and deleted the conversion files.  Then, when I double-clicked the Zoom Recording File, the conversion process started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LindsayTCC
Listener

I'm going to answer my own question here because I think I've figured it out.

I did the first recording on the 15th and, as I said the conversion aborted.  The next time I did a Zoom recording, on the 18th, the converted file for the new recording populated the folder for the 15th (so I got two copies of the 18th).

I identified which files were present after a recording and before the conversion, and deleted the conversion files.  Then, when I double-clicked the Zoom Recording File, the conversion process started.