cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on iPhone 11

ZoomYogini
Listener

Hello, 

I've been using Zoom on iPhone 11 to teach  online classes for over a year now. I always used screen rotation to have a wider horizontal screen vs a vertical one.

Yesterday, I wasn't able to rotate the screen into landscape. This was the first time for it to happen.

I tried everything:

- Checked if screen rotation works on other apps

- Turned the screen rotation off and back on

- Signing out from the Zoom app, and signing back in

- Restarting my phone

- Updating the Zoom app

- Deleting and reinstalling the Zoom app

I don't know if Zoom changed something suddenly and this is how the app works on iPhone now, or if there is a way to fix this that I am not aware of. 

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ZoomYogini 

I don't see anything in the Zoom Release Notes for iOS relating to screen rotation.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361943-Release-notes-for-iOS

Did your iPhone itself possibly get an iOS update recently, or maybe do you have an iOS update available? I'm wondering whether there may be a dependency mismatch somewhere.

I don't have an iPhone to check with me at the moment, but could there be something in the iOS > Settings > App Privacy type menu where access to the orientation state of the phone can be restricted per app? Not sure.

Are you expecting to see rotation when in a meeting, or also while just in the app home screen?

Hi @Rupert 

Thank you for your reply.  I checked if there were any restrictions around the Zoom app on my phone. But there are none. 

I am just expecting it to work the way it has always worked. When I used Zoom up until yesterday, I was able to rotate the screen without an issue. As a host of the meeting I was able to choose the position of my screen. Whether I was starting a new meeting or entering an already scheduled meeting. Now the screen is always frozen to one setting which is vertical - no landscape mode ...