cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on Galaxy Tablet S8 Ultra

KaoruT
Listener

I have recently bought a Galaxy Tabket S8 Ultra to teach zoom classes as it has a good camera and a large screen. The camera works great on zoom, but audio is terrible - I can hear people clearly, but my voice gets either distorted or constantly breaks up and becomes completely inaudible.  When I switch the device to my ipad pro, it works absolutely fine using the same wifi, in the same room. I'm at a loss as to how to solve this issue... Has anyone had similar issues/can suggest a solution? Any help would be much appreciated . Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Pappschlumpf
Listener

Yes, i can confirm that issue. Meeting participant always complain about the issues you described. I reported that in my playstore review too.

Jianfeng
Listener

Same issue here. S8.

I think we need to raise the issue with samsung not zoom. 

raj_s8
Listener

I have the exact sme issue. I thought it was my router or firewall as it was working fine till mid april. So I guess some update that samsung or zoom pushed has caused this issue. Today i changed to a Mac and the side did not complain. It was horrible yesterday, i tested myself and initiated a zoom and kept a song from another device on. I joined the meeting from another room and it was all cracked up. Video and incoming voice is great

swanski
Listener

Audio from your 'mic' will never be the best it can be when only using the one built into your device, be that a laptop (mac or PC), or a mobile device.   Sure, Samsung could make some improvements to their firmware / background software for mic-source processing onboard the Tab S8 range - because hey, the multi-mic array is great for this with the right processing, but in the mean time, get yourself some Galaxy Buds = at least Buds+  or better / more recent.   I've just come out of a zoom meeting in multiple rooms with my Buds+ on, made coffee early in the meeting (muted for Grinder noise etc) and then relocated to the sofa a bit later.   I was walking around a bit on and off too - without moving the tablet.  Using bugs my mic audio was consistent. 

Bonus that they jsut seamless switch from tablet to the S22 Ultra (phone) as well. 

As an aside - if you are using a Windows or Mac PC, check out the app called 'Krisp .ai'  - its free for a fair few minutes of use per month too (and only counts when you're talking) = BRILLIANT for removing background noise while live on a zoom call or similar, or just recording Audio / video with Loom or Camtasia, etc.   I only starting using it recently and am super impressed.