cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom floating panel hide on linux

adnanakhlasdev
Listener

Hi there,
I'm using zoom on Ubuntu 22.04. On zoom when I start sharing my screen. There is a irritating floating panel. And there is no option to hide the floating panel. But, in windows and mac there is a option to hide the zoom floating panel. Is there any way to hide the zoom floating panel while sharing the screen in Ubuntu.

2023-08-08_01-43.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zoom_Hobbyist
Listener
  1. Please open the Zoom app (5.17.5) as I have done on Ubuntu Linux 23.10
  2. Please click your photo at top right to reveal pop-up menu
  3. Please click SETTINGS
  4. Please UNCHECK the ALWAYS SHOW MEETING CONTROLS checkbox

Now your floating toolbar should disappear during content sharing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

inurwansah
Listener

I'm also facing this thing. It is so distracting when I share the screen. I use Ubuntu 23.04.  I hope this feature will be added to the next version update. 

almondtree
Listener

For my fellow Linux users until Zoom fixes this: The only clunky work around I have found is that this toolbar is moveable, so I can push it mostly off-screen to where only a little piece of it is showing on the side of the screen but it minimizes how much of the screen it is covering when I am sharing. It would be very nice for Zoom to add this feature for Linux users as well! I teach online all the time and this would be very helpful.

Zoom_Hobbyist
Listener
  1. Please open the Zoom app (5.17.5) as I have done on Ubuntu Linux 23.10
  2. Please click your photo at top right to reveal pop-up menu
  3. Please click SETTINGS
  4. Please UNCHECK the ALWAYS SHOW MEETING CONTROLS checkbox

Now your floating toolbar should disappear during content sharing.

almondtree
Listener

Beautiful, very simple - thank you!!

Hi @adnanakhlasdev! @Zoom_Hobbyist  provided a useful answer, and I've marked it as the accepted solution. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?