cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Not Connecting To Speaker Or Bluetooth, Test Sound Is Silent Despite Trying All Basic Troublesh

eaiwach1
Listener

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Troubleshooting tried: Uninstall/reinstall no change, speaker audio test makes no sound, all options and combos tried, redid same troubleshooting with chatbot, no change. Please help! It began over a week or two ago when I tried connecting a Bluetooth earpiece while on a Zoom call and all audio was cut off. The audio settings are working, the microphone is working, but just not producing any sound.

Since then, I've not been able to use Zoom because of not being able to hear any sound despite the desktop both the speakers and Bluetooth and earbuds all work perfectly elsewhere. Has anyone heard of this issue before? I've never had this problem with Zoom for such a long period of time. What else could be the cause? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

TealSeal
Listener

Same here, none of my  bluetooth earphones/speakers will work on any of my android phones with Zoom. They all perfectly work with any other app.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @eaiwach1, thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

If you are experiencing issues connecting to Bluetooth on an Android device, make sure that the speaker icon in a meeting is showing a Bluetooth logo.

If you see the Bluetooth logo within the speaker icon and your headphones are not working, consider changing the Nearby device permissions for the Zoom mobile app on your Android device. If it's still not connecting properly, delete the app storage, uninstall the Zoom mobile app, restart your phone, then reinstall the app.

Referenced article: Using Bluetooth headphones with Zoom

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?