cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom no longer connecting to bluetooth headphone on android, but phone connects to bluetooth

KSYW
Listener

My bluetooth headset stopped connecting with Zoom in Dec 2023 (after working for multiple years).  The headset still connects to my phone and works with calls, just not in any zoom meetings.

I've uninstalled / re-installed the app, multiple times. 

Switch on/off my phone, restarted.

Cleared the Zoom app cache.

Checked microphone permissions.

Forcestopped the app and re-opened.

Feel like I've gone through all the motions, and still not getting anywhere.  

Please help.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SweetE
Listener

I had the same problem and upon going through a few forums, someone finally found the solution and it works. This is what you should do: add the "nearby devices" permission through the Zoom app settings.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SweetE
Listener

I had the same problem and upon going through a few forums, someone finally found the solution and it works. This is what you should do: add the "nearby devices" permission through the Zoom app settings.

The settings to change are Not in the Zoom app. They are in the Phone Settings itself!. now i get why so hard to find as very confusing instructions given here.. Open Settings tab on your Phone.  It's the Gear ⚙️ icon. Then go to Apps, and click Zoom there... Then Permissions tab inside there.. so Phone Settings > Apps > Zoom > Permissions > add Nerby Devices. 

Once again this item to change is Not in the Zoom itself but on your Phone..

un millón de gracias!!!! llevo meses volviéndome loca con este tema! 😳

KSYW
Listener

Thank you so much for sharing  - it worked!🙌

Excellent, glad it worked 🙂

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @KSYW, I went ahead and marked @SweetE reply as an accepted solution since it solved your issue 🙂 

If you need further assistance, please let me know! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

whywhywhy
Listener

same for me. zoom auto updated overnight and i've lost bluetooth. became aware of the issue during an important meeting of course. an hour trying to fix settings with no luck. why not just tell me to use Teams instead.

Para mí Teams no es una opción, nos conectamos cientos de personas, a veces salas superiores a 1000.. 

De todas formas, siguiendo las instrucciones que me dieron de la solución aceptada más arriba, se solucionó y ya está perfecto de nuevo 😊