cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meetings on MacOS Ventura + M1 Ultra - Bugginess with Meeting Start and Audio Settings

Ham_the_Admin
Listener

After downloading the newest version of Zoom Meetings (Version: 5.13.7 (15481)) explicitly for Apple Silicon, still running into show stopping bugginess. Have reinstalled multiple times.

Pre-Meeting - Home Tab:
"New Meeting" button fails to launch, however can join meeting via invite/links 

Audio Settings (In or Out of Meeting):
Zoom Freezes completely when attempting to change audio settings or dive into audio testing tab requiring a force quit.

Have opened a ticket, her wondering if others have confirmed same issue on M1 Ultra and/or MacOS Ventura?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I've received a reply so far from a friend that is running M1 Max Studio with the latest version of Ventura, and latest version of Zoom without issue. He is a very active user on this platform.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

ZoomTestKitchen

I just received one other reply...

Jeff - I'm running the latest OS on an M1 Max. The only issue I have is that occasionally All virtual cameras will disappear from Zoom camera list and the hardware based camera will suddenly start up and go live.

I usually run OBS Virtual Camera to Zoom. Occasionally I will find that OBS virtual camera (and other virtual cameras) are missing from the camera selection list and Zoom has switched to my Brio and now I can be seen on camera instead of the static slate I typically keep up in OBS.

@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen

I run the latest version of Zoom on my M1 Mac Mini with Ventura 13.2.1 with great success. You might try downloading and running the CleanZoom uninstaller, and then reinstalling.

You can find the full uninstaller here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi ZTK, 

Thanks for the reply! I should have mentioned, Ventura on my MBP-M1 Pro and Mac Mini M1 Standard (2020) are also working properly and great running 13.2.1 

Unfortunately the M1 Max/Ultra chipset is what lives in the studio and unfortunately continue to experience show stopping bugginess in Zoom 5.13+.

I very much appreciate your reply! If you happen to have an M1 Max or Ultra device or know someone that does that would be amazing if you could test for me!

ZoomTestKitchen

I will ping some folks to gather some further feedback.

@ZoomTestKitchen

ZoomTestKitchen

I've received a reply so far from a friend that is running M1 Max Studio with the latest version of Ventura, and latest version of Zoom without issue. He is a very active user on this platform.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you so much, I will try to figure out what's going on locally on machine then. Wondering now if it's a driver conflict for local audio interface due to the freezing.

Thanks again! 

ZoomTestKitchen

I just received one other reply...

Jeff - I'm running the latest OS on an M1 Max. The only issue I have is that occasionally All virtual cameras will disappear from Zoom camera list and the hardware based camera will suddenly start up and go live.

I usually run OBS Virtual Camera to Zoom. Occasionally I will find that OBS virtual camera (and other virtual cameras) are missing from the camera selection list and Zoom has switched to my Brio and now I can be seen on camera instead of the static slate I typically keep up in OBS.

@ZoomTestKitchen