cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When someone wants to join a meeting I've started, how long does the message stay visible

paulri
Listener

I have office hours for online classes I teach, on Zoom. When a student wants to meet with me, I see a small notification window appear at the top of the zoom meeting window, letting me know that they are waiting to have me let them join the meeting.

My question is--if I am looking at another program on my laptop, and come back to the zoom meeting window, say 15 or 30 seconds after that notification first appeared---will the notification still be visible at the top of the zoom meeting window? How long does that notification window stay visible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @paulri 

The notification usually visible around 20-30 seconds and we really cant control it.

If you want to know more on the waiting room and admit participants - please refer the below help:

Zoom - Managing Waiting Room Participants | Office of Information Technology (colorado.edu)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @paulri 

The notification usually visible around 20-30 seconds and we really cant control it.

If you want to know more on the waiting room and admit participants - please refer the below help:

Zoom - Managing Waiting Room Participants | Office of Information Technology (colorado.edu)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Thank link was helpful. It showed me the answer to my next question: If  the notification disappears after a short while, how would I know that there is someone wanting to join. So the Participants icon at the bottom of the meeting screen would then have its number increase, to indicate how many extra people there are, in the waiting room. So that is fine. 

I just didn't know if there was any way I could know that someone was waiting, if that notification disappeared. And there is--I can just look down at the number of participants. If it is 2 or more, then that means I have someone in the waiting room. 

Thanks again.

Hi @paulri - Your understanding is 100% correct.

Huma

paulri
Listener

Hello Humashankar, I started a new thread on another question. If you'd be interested, could you please view it and if you have an answer, reply? I tried to PM you but I didn't see how to do this in the Zoom community: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Can-I-edit-which-icons-appear-at-bottom-of-screen-when-I-clic...