cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We detected an unusual login from a device or location you don't usually use or have not used

ZoomSchwerz
Listener

I get the message "We detected an unusual login from a device or location you don't usually use or have not used in a while". We are a non-profit and several people act as host. How often would I need to login as hoston my personal PC  to not get this error message? The code to proceed is sent to someone other than me.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ZoomSchwerz.

This is a common issue when Zoom logins are shared by different people. You may eventually see a less frequent alert, but I think the problem is exacerbated when Zoom sees multiple logins from many different devices in a short period of time.

Bottom line: sharing account login credentials among several individuals is against Zoom’s Terms of Service. You’re unlikely to get much help or sympathy from Zoom staff in this situation. 

There are ways to deal with the situation, which I’ve described here on the Zoom Community many times. See the Zoom Support article on Host Key for one easy way to access an account owned and operated by another individual. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key 

The best way to deal with it is to have your own Zoom account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !