cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for meeting host to start meeting, but settings are set to allow people to join before host

mattbarlow73
Listener

So for the last few years, we've used a personal meeting room and people have been able to join even if the host is late or absent. Now, every time anyone tries to go in, it always says 'waiting for host to start meeting'. I've checked and changed the settings on and off like ten times, to allow people to join before the host at anytime. But no joy at all.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Mattbarlow73.

Is your license Free? Or is it a payment plan?

Wences

It's a paid account. 

WencesUnzueta

First you have to make sure in which id this was done, the personal one, a random one, or one in an active session
capture settings also check where it is done, this will usually affect the meeting being raised, if it is in user settings then it will impact future meetings, but any of these don't seem to affect the personal id, so also It is necessary to review depending on which meeting it is
any change will only affect a meeting that is not active, so if it is in progress, no matter how many changes are made, they will not be reflected

Wences

mattbarlow73
Listener

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'm afraid I am struggling to follow what I'm supposed to do. It's my normal personal zoom room and I've checked all of the settings around people being able to enter before host starts a meeting.

Can you explain further, or can anyone else help?

Frank_TB

Hello,

I suggest that you check your security settings. Many accounts require at least one of the following security measures;

• A Waiting room
  • A meeting Passcode
  • Authentication

If nothing is is set then the default is a waiting room. A waiting room requires the host to admit participants.

This Zoom support article has more details;

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059665892-Requiring-meetings-to-have-one-security-optio... 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!