cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background

Lamber
Listener

Hi dear Zoom community,

Zoom says my device doesn't support virtual background.

I'm not sure..

I have a 2021 Samsung notebook with the following fairly strong processor:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-L16G7 CPU @ 1.40GHz, 1382 Mhz, 5 Core(s), 5 Logical Processor(s)

Unfortunately, there is no way to verify if my processor meets Zoom's standards, as "L16G7" with L1 supposedly being the generation and 6G7 being the model, is not to be found in Zoom's list, wich only works with numbers.

I need to use my company's background image for formal meetings, but I don't have a green screen when travelling !

What can I do, unless have my company switch to Google Meet, where the background image works perfectly as a virtual background with me in the front?

Thanks a lot !

3 REPLIES 3

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

You should be ok with what you have. Do you know if you have the 32-bit or 64-bit client installed? Shouldn't make a difference but may be worth installing the 64-bit client if it's not already.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207373866-Zoom-Installers
Other possibility is that your resolution may be too high? Maybe try to lower it and see if it makes a difference.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @Lamber - Thanks for reaching out to Zoom community and sorry to hear about your ordeal. It seems the Samsung device currently doesn't support VB which is why you are seeing the notification. I have attached our support article regarding ~> Zoom Virtual Background system requirements.

Lamber1
Listener

Thanks a lot for your response !

According to a Zoom technical assistance eventually the problem lies here:

"It looks like the device you're using currently does not have the requirements because of the Frequency. What's needed is an Intel CPU with 2.0Ghz or higher hertz."

Mine is only 1.4Ghz