cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background stopped working without any reason

FrancoisSing
Listener

The Virtual background feature of Zoom stopped working on my Windows computer 4 weeks ago and I have absolutely no idea why. It was working very well until then. Anyone can help?

3 REPLIES 3

ArvinG
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hey There! A couple of things I can recommend:

1. Have you tried to re-enable the virtual background? Click on your Avatar / Profile Pic (Upper right hand corner of your Zoom client) > Settings > Backgrounds and effects > Select the virtual background of your choice.
  2. It might be that you have an outdated Zoom Client. Check this by Click on your Avatar / Profile Pic (Upper right hand corner of your Zoom client) > Check for Updates > Install the new update.

I hope this helps!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @FrancoisSing @rwulffenstein thank you for your discussion in the community! Wanted to ask if @ArvinG's reply was helpful and make sure we got this discussion resolved for you; however, if you still need assistance, we'd be happy to help you further. Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

rwulffenstein
Listener

I am having the same issue and have confirmed Virtual background ARE enabled when I login to my account on the web.  Also, I do not see any available updates for my client.  What else could it be?