cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not connecting for meetings

peggyjoyce
Listener

I have 2 zoom links on my computer - one for company I contract with and another for my private business.   When i send an invite and the recipient joins me, I can see me, and they can see themselves, but we have no visual for each other and we can both hear the other through zoom connection.  This happens on both sites and with contract connections or private connections.  I am 83 years old and not tech savvy, although 3 tech savvy people have tried to figure out how to fix this without success.  I am desperate.  I am losing the little extra income I make to supplement my social security and small retirement account.  Would really appreciate any help anyone can give.  

1 REPLY 1

Jameswalter
Participant

When video is not connecting for meetings in Zoom, it can be frustrating and disruptive to the virtual communication. Several factors could cause this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the problem:

Check Camera Settings:

Ensure that your camera is enabled and selected as the video source in Zoom. Click on the arrow next to the video icon in the bottom left corner of the Zoom window to access the video settings. Select your camera from the list if it's not already selected.
Test Your Camera:

Before joining a meeting, test your camera to verify that it's functioning correctly. You can do this in Zoom by clicking on "Test Video" in the video settings. If you can see yourself in the video preview, your camera is working.
Close Other Applications:

Make sure no other applications are using your camera. Some applications may lock the camera, preventing Zoom from accessing it.
Restart Your Computer:

Sometimes, restarting your computer can resolve temporary software glitches that may be affecting your camera.
Check Camera Drivers:

Ensure you have the latest drivers for your camera installed on your computer. Check the manufacturer's website for driver updates and install them if available.