cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video/access issues

garyp
Listener
I recently acquired a new zoom account, however when the meeting is being pulled up, it states that my account needs an update, asks me to contact the IT admin (I have no idea who that is since this is a personal account), and redirects me to a "Join Using Browser" button. When I click on this, it takes me to the room, but I feel there is a better or more normal way to access. 

Also, there is not an area in my account or profile that indicates an upgrade is needed. Additonally, I cannot screen share and see the participants at the same time, which will not work for me.

Please lmk what steps I need to update, and to remedy the screen share feature.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @garyp thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

To address this issue, you can follow the steps outlined in the Zoom Support article: "Receiving 'Please contact your IT team to update your app' message". This article provides detailed instructions to help you troubleshoot and resolve the update message issue. It covers steps like clearing cache, checking your browser settings, and more. Following these steps should help you access your meetings more smoothly.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?