cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Freezes constantly on Mac OS Ventura 13.4+ and latest Zoom v5.15.3 (20121)

anonymoustexan
Listener

Metrics while on a current 5 person meeting:

85.5 Mbps download

44.5 Mbps upload

CPU usage: 91% idle

Memory pressure: Low (green)

For reference, I updated from Mac OS Monterey yesterday with an old version of zoom (not sure which tbh). Everything had been working fine.

After update, video of myself and other participants is _very_ choppy and often freezes for over 20 seconds. Audio is completely fine. Screensharing is similar to video, very laggy, though doesn't appear to freeze as frequently. Other participants who are on that call are not on Ventura (they're on Monterey) and they are _not_ experiencing the same issues.

This has occurred on every call that I've joined since update, even on 1:1 calls.

3 REPLIES 3

EeIkee1920
Listener

I am having the same issue.  It is my hope that there will be a solution soon.

willjoe2442
Participant

Restart Wi-Fi Modem/Router
Internet connection issues can be the cause of videos freezing, especially if your videos keep stopping and buffering. Restarting your modem and router may help. Power off your Mac. Disconnect your modem and router from power source.

Regards,

Diana

AlexBarrera
Listener

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue originally (and nicely) explained. Is there any suggestion other than a router restart? That didn't do the job for me, not sure others.

Thanks,

Alex