cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading an old iPad

MartinRosen
Listener

I am trying to update to the latest version of Zoom from my old iPad.   After signing in it says I need the update to be 5.12.2 or higher.    When I click update it asks me to download the last compatible version as the latest version is not compatible with this device.   I click Download and get the same message again, and so it repeats.

My iPad is 10.3.3 (14G60)

9 REPLIES 9

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MartinRosen.

Sorry, but the minimum iOS requirement for Zoom app is iOS 11.0.  See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201179966-Zoom-system-requirements-iOS-iPadOS-and-Android

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you Ray for your response.

My Zoom was working okay up until the weekend.   Is it not possible to revert back to the older version of Zoom that will work on my old iPad ?

i have  got the same problem!!!!

can i revert back to the older version of zoom?

NancyP2023
Listener

I have the same problem and can't use zoom until it updates. It keeps telling me to contact my "IT adminstrator" which makes me laugh bc it's a personal computer so I am supposedly the "IT administrator"

MorpheusShow
Listener

I have the same problem on a new Mac - but not on the phone..My business is zoom-run and if I don't fix it by Wednesday I will have to cancel paid activities. How can I get zoom people to speak to me and help??

Ray_Harwood

For everyone who has posted here:

Assuming you are all talking about the same problem: you need Zoom to be compatible with a very old version of an Operating System…

It’s unlikely you will be able to get any software vendor to support older operating systems. Zoom software changes over time to incorporate new features, and does on occasion deprecate older versions of interfaces to Zoom servers. No software vendor provides full backwards compatibility to old configurations. Unfortunately, your only option may be to upgrade your software and/or hardware to something compatible.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bien sûr!!

Apple bloque les mises à jour !

impossible de mettre a jour la version acceptée par mon logiciel

encore une fois les utilisateurs se retrouvent lésés quand ils ne possèdent pas le dernier matériel

limitation arbitraire voulue  

Of course!!

Apple is blocking updates!

Impossible to update the version accepted by my software

Once again, users find themselves harmed when they don't have the latest equipment

Arbitrary limitation desired

BigMart
Listener

I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with an 'Apple Genius'.   An in-store tech person who will hopefully be able to get the old software back on my iPad.     I will post  here if they are sucessful or not.