cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates on launch

Cormanaz
Listener

I have noticed that Zoom has adopted one of the very worst and annoying aspects of Skype: frequent updates that happen when I try to start a meeting. Why they would do this is beyond me. They understand that we're trying to get to a meeting when we start Zoom, don't they?

Yesterday I signed in through SSO, launched my personal room, and it commenced an update without asking permission. My network was a little slow so it took some time for the update to complete, then instead of proceeding to my personal room it went to the generic "start a meeting" screen. I had to go back through SSO, get back to the link for my personal room, and click it again, and I was late to my meeting because of all this.

If anyone from Zoom is listening, how about having it update when I leave a meeting instead of when I'm starting one?!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Cormanaz thank you for your feedback, as I have yet to encounter this. Zoom has released some updates since July 26, when you posted this discussion; have you had this same experience recently? 

Just for context, the latest releases by date 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!