cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update to the latest version of Windows

Chamomile
Listener

Hello.
I am Japanese and this text is translated by DeepL. Sorry for any inadequacies. So I would appreciate it if you could reply in plain English if possible.
I cannot update from Windows ver 5.13.0 because I had turned off automatic updates.
I have four problems.
1. when I sign in, I get a message asking me to contact the IT team and I can't join a meeting and there is no update button.

2.When I try to uninstall 5.13 and install the latest version, the Windows installer says zoominstallerfull.msi(path) cannot be found and I cannot uninstall 5.13.0.

3. After gathering information, I found that the Microsoft Fixit utility was effective, so I downloaded and started it and uninstalled it, but the application icon is still in the Start menu and I can start it and it remains at 5.13.0. Also, I can no longer uninstall it from Windows Settings.

4. I cannot get technical support from the Japan office, and when I try to contact them by phone, they announce that they have no account information, but I can sign in from the web.

The only alternative would be to use the web version, but I would like to update the software if possible.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi

please try to download the newest version Version: 5.16.6 (24712) and just install it over your actual version. This should work.

Please mark this as solution if it solved your issue

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply.
I was eventually able to update by restoring the computer to its initial state and then reinstalling.

Calvo

For more information about uninstall and reinstall your zoom clients there is a good KB article, you can find more information here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065146

10 REPLIES 10

Calvo

Hi

please try to download the newest version Version: 5.16.6 (24712) and just install it over your actual version. This should work.

Please mark this as solution if it solved your issue

Thanks for the reply.
I was eventually able to update by restoring the computer to its initial state and then reinstalling.

The new version will not download over the existing version.  What do we do now?

Calvo

do you get an error?

You can try to download the newest version and either just install it over the actual one or first uninstall the existing one.

BarbaraBJ
Listener

How do I uninstall the existing version please?

Calvo

For more information about uninstall and reinstall your zoom clients there is a good KB article, you can find more information here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065146

Thank you for your suggestion but the advice in this article doesn't work.  Nor does CleanZoom.

Calvo

Hi Barbara,

you should be able to uninstall zoom like any other software, and then install the new version that you can download on Zoom.

To are able to help you I need to know what OS you are using, than what kind of error do you get.

Sorry, meant to say that I am using the free Zoom to attend other people's meetings.  I don't host them myself.  Whenever I try to use my current version of Zoom it tells me to speak to my Administrator or It department.  I am using my home computer and I'm the admin!  I don't have an IT department.  It seems a lot of people are having the same issue.

Just wanted to say I'm having the same issue. The help documentation doesn't work.