cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add a pic to virtual background

malcolmch
Listener

When I start a session and want to use my own pic, I click on the plus to add and then get a message.

The message is displayed in the attached pic.

Not had this before, so would love to get this resolved.  I am the owner.  How do I make myself admin, or, give myself permissions to add?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @malcolmch welcome to the community! I'd like to clarify the message you're seeing. Admins can configure/lock Account-level settings for all users on the Account at https://zoom.us/account/setting. As an Admin or Owner on the account with access to these settings, you can go to Account Settings > search "Virtual Background" > and see if the virtual background settings are locked. 

If they are locked, the Owner or Admin must unlock the Account setting before checking the "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" box.

For example, here are my settings, and I can upload virtual backgrounds from the Zoom Desktop Client

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

malcolmch
Listener

Thank you for the solution, you took me to where I'd missed by looking too hard.  Have now been able to add and change my virtual background.  Appreciate your help!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @malcolmch welcome to the community! I'd like to clarify the message you're seeing. Admins can configure/lock Account-level settings for all users on the Account at https://zoom.us/account/setting. As an Admin or Owner on the account with access to these settings, you can go to Account Settings > search "Virtual Background" > and see if the virtual background settings are locked. 

If they are locked, the Owner or Admin must unlock the Account setting before checking the "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" box.

For example, here are my settings, and I can upload virtual backgrounds from the Zoom Desktop Client

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

malcolmch
Listener

Thank you for the solution, you took me to where I'd missed by looking too hard.  Have now been able to add and change my virtual background.  Appreciate your help!!