Maintenance is being performed on Zoom's support site on November 4 that may cause support impact. For more information, please click here.
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Remove the hassle of traditional scheduling with Zoom Scheduler
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
At times when I click the Join button for a Zoom meeting it turns grey and the popup for the meeting ID does not show up. Also, when I try joining from the browser, it just shows the home screen of Zoom with the Join, New Meeting, and Share Screen buttons greyed out.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating Zoom, updating my laptop (Surface Pro Windows 11), and restarting my laptop, and none of it works.
Any guidance would be appreciated because this happens at the worst of times.
Thanks in advance!
1. Clear Browser Cache: If you're trying to join a meeting from your browser and the buttons are greyed out, it might be due to a browser cache issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then restarting the browser and attempting to join the meeting again.
2. Use a Different Browser: If the issue persists with one browser, try a different browser to see if the problem is specific to your browser.
3. Check Browser Extensions: Extensions can sometimes interfere with web applications. Try disabling any browser extensions you have installed and attempt to join the meeting again.
4. Check Internet Security Software: Sometimes, security software or firewalls on your computer can block certain functions of web applications. Make sure your security software is relaxed, causing the issue.
5. Zoom Desktop Client: Since you mentioned that the Join button turns grey and the popup for the meeting ID doesn't show up, you might want to troubleshoot the Zoom desktop client:
6. Check Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, issues can arise due to compatibility problems with older versions of Windows.
7. Disable VPN: If you're using a VPN, try disabling it and joining the meeting without it. VPNs can sometimes cause connectivity and compatibility issues.
8. Network Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable. Unstable or slow internet connections can lead to problems with Zoom.
9. Contact Zoom Support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be a more complex issue specific to your system. In such cases, contacting Zoom's technical support for assistance is a good idea. They might have more insights into the problem and can provide personalized guidance.
Remember to document your steps and any error messages you encounter. This information can be helpful if you need to seek assistance from support forums or technical support.