cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden, but constant, syncing errors

malgrenerik
Listener

On my computer, I've suddenly run into an issue where every time I have a Zoom meeting, there is a delay in the data being sent.  When someone speaks to me, it takes at least one, maybe two, seconds for me to receive the signal.  When I speak, it takes one or two seconds for them to hear what I've said.  

As a teacher, this is frustrating, because when I need to correct a student's mistake, they won't know they've made a mistake until 2 seconds after I send them a message.  I didn't used to have this problem; it used to be that when I spoke to them, they got my message almost the moment I said it. 

There's nothing wrong with my high-speed internet, especially since everything works just fine when using Skype.  So I'm assuming that it could be that my computer is trying to do too much work, like sending high-quality video or sound.  Any suggestions for what I need to do so that my student gets my video / sound almost as quickly as I send it?

1 REPLY 1

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @malgrenerik 

Computer performance could certainly be one potential cause. Is there more "high-quality video or sound" in your Meetings now than there was before?

Does the problem happen periodically in a Meeting, or constantly and throughout?

Is the problem more evident with audio  than video?

Are you on WiFi - and could there be more other WiFi devices nearby around you than there was before?

Are you using a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

How many student(s)or other Participants are in your Meeting at a time?

Have you checked for updates in your Zoom app?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Please post back with answers to these questions.

Rupert