cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting meeting before host arrives

INA_Group
Listener

Hi 

We have a paid account and we host a weekly meeting for our members (we are a club).  We want our members to be able to start the meeting before the host arrives and have enabled the setting "Allow participants to join before host" . However it's not working. The meeting won't start until the host arrives. 

Am I missing something here? Is it possible for meeting to start before the host arrives and if so how can it be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @INA_Group.

Here's everything you need to know about Join Before Host:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

Note that if Waiting Room is enabled, only certain people can Join Before Host (people on your same organizational account, for example - if so enabled by you or an admin).

Note also that it's a good idea to have a time limitation on how long before the meeting people can join... but this presumes a "scheduled" meeting, and that people know how to tell when the meeting is supposed to start in their own time zone.  (I know that is probably not an issue... but you'd be surprised how many people contact me saying "I couldn't get in!".)

Are you enabling the Allow participants to before host on the individual meeting?Ray_Harwood_0-1688173372551.png

I'd check there to be sure... you might have already done this, but if it's checked and it's less than 15 minutes before the meeting... anyone should be able to enter the meeting as long as Waiting Room is not enabled for the meeting.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @INA_Group.

Here's everything you need to know about Join Before Host:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

Note that if Waiting Room is enabled, only certain people can Join Before Host (people on your same organizational account, for example - if so enabled by you or an admin).

Note also that it's a good idea to have a time limitation on how long before the meeting people can join... but this presumes a "scheduled" meeting, and that people know how to tell when the meeting is supposed to start in their own time zone.  (I know that is probably not an issue... but you'd be surprised how many people contact me saying "I couldn't get in!".)

Are you enabling the Allow participants to before host on the individual meeting?Ray_Harwood_0-1688173372551.png

I'd check there to be sure... you might have already done this, but if it's checked and it's less than 15 minutes before the meeting... anyone should be able to enter the meeting as long as Waiting Room is not enabled for the meeting.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi @INA_Group, was @Ray_Harwood's reply helpful? If so, please do not forget to click that 'Accept as Solution', button! ↗️↗️↗️↗️

Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!