cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakerphone audio

Annie84
Listener

On 10/23/2023 around 1-2 pm, during a Zoom meeting on my Macbook Air, my audio, which was running through a speakerphone, suddenly stopped working but continued to work through the internal speakers. After the meeting, I tested the speakerphone, and it worked fine on the Macbook Air for music or YouTube, etc. I bought a new speakerphone but it did the same. Would not play audio DURING A ZOOM PROGRAM ON MACBOOK AIR. I had NO problem with the speakerphone during a Zoom meeting on iMac or IOS (iPad). I reinstalled Zoom and updated it but still no change. What is it about the Macbook Air that is different from the iMac? Perhaps some setting is blocking the audio. The Macbook Air SHOWS that it IS connected to the speakerphone, but the sound comes out only through the internal speakers. This is driving me nuts! Any help much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko

Can you confirm that the speakerphone is selected as the default audio input and output in Zoom, as opposed to just on the MacBook Air? This can be found in Settings->Audio. Please send a snapshot if that's helpful.

If so, can you perform successful mic/speaker tests with the speakerphone (also via settings->audio) out of a call?

If the device is dropping mid-call, we will probably need to dig into logs.

Dear bstrelko,

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it that you took the time to answer me.  I have been tearing my hair out for a week, and YOU solved my problem. It must have happened after that update last week because we had never had this problem before, and my speakerphone had been working fine with my Macbook Air. But the update must have required that I look at the Settings (which are within Preferences) when on Zoom. As you correctly determined, the internal setting within Zoom were set to my internal speakers and not to the speakerphone.  At age 84 with a programmer for a husband and a son, I'm pretty techy. I handle all the devices, etc. , but this problem stumped me. I knew I needed a real expert, and You are it. Again, many many thanks. Everything is working like a charm. Annie84. 

bstrelko

Sounds good!

Jayhawk
Listener

Annie84 and bstrelko... BRAVO!  But, I'm still silent with my earbuds.  I am exactly the same as Annie but I can not locate "Preferences in Zoom".  Does it matter that I utilize a non-paying account (no membership)?  It started as Annie indicated and like Annie, I can not hear through my buds while the internal speaker works like a charm.  Good for me but not for my wife at 7am.  Thanks in advance for helping a not-so-techie distressed wife!

bstrelko

If using Windows, please check out the solution provided for zoom audio controls , which outlines the steps needed to locate the settings menu for non-paid accounts on Win10/11.

If you're not using Windows, this can be found by launching Zoom on your Mac, then going to the top taskbar of MacOS and selecting zoom.us->Preferences:

bstrelko_0-1698783812220.png