cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Video Recording Playback Speed

shroom
Listener

I've noticed that Zoom recordings can be played back at faster speeds.  Many of us are taking music lessons and need to be able to slow the recordings down to 75%, 50% or 25% like what's possible on YouTube.  Is this possible on Zoom?  I don't see it as an option but many people would use this feature.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sharigrayczyk
Listener

I save the recording in Windows Media Player--my computer automatically saves files there. Then open it and right click on the screen.  Click <Enhancements> <Play Speed Settings> and then slide the cursor to the left for slower, and to the right for faster. It's  a lifesaver.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

charschulz
Listener

I have the same question from my students but for painting. My students want to watch the brush strokes at slower speed.

I save the recording in Windows Media Player--my computer automatically saves files there. Then open it and right click on the screen.  Click <Enhancements> <Play Speed Settings> and then slide the cursor to the left for slower, and to the right for faster. It's  a lifesaver.

kaiparamoana
Listener

I would like to know too please.  I have the option to playback at a fast speed (1.25x, 1.5x, 2.0x).  I want to slow the speed down.

sharigrayczyk
Listener

Oops on my phone I accidentally marked that as a solution, which it is not for me. I use Apple products so cannot open it in a Windows media player. I think that does not allow me to do that anyways. But great suggestion otherwise. I wish I could undo marking that as a solution!

That maybe a work around, but this is something (IMO) that should be available while watching the zoom recordings. For classes, if I have to take the time to download the video and resave it someplace like you tube for my students, that sort of defeats the purpose of using zoom. 

shroom
Listener

I agree charschulz. I found myself wishing that this particular teacher had taken the time to video his lessons himself and then post to Limited sharing YouTube.