cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack/Zoom authorization not working

s_rei123
Listener

I have gone through seemingly all of the steps to integrate zoom into my slack account and yet every time I try to start a zoom meeting using /zoom, I get a message asking me to authorize. I click on the button and click through the steps to authorize and it says i'm authorized and then I go back to slack and the same thing happens. I also have tried to add Slack through the zoom app marketplace and again, i click through all the pages to set it up and it says it's set up and then I go to the Slack and still get the authorization message when I try to start a meeting. And then when I go back to the zoom app marketplace and check if Slack is installed, it says I have no apps installed. What am i doing wrong. I am trying to set it up for an individual user because I am not the admin at my company.

15 REPLIES 15

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@s_rei123 your company may require the admins to approve all applications before they can be authorized.  You might check with one of them to verify the settings, and to see if they are seeing the requests come in.

s_rei123
Listener

I've talked to the admin at my company and he said the app is authorized on his end and that there are no additional requests for authorization coming in

colegs

@s_rei123 Are you using the account or user level integration?  There was recently an upgrade to the application (last week), so you might want to uninstall and reinstall to see if you have the latest version.  Also, you may have bad credentials stored on the Slack side for Zoom (since it doesn't sound like it is trying to authorize that connection), so you might also try '/zoom logout' so you can re-enter your credentials.

s_rei123
Listener

I'm using user level integration. Everyone else at my company already has zoom integration into their slack so I assume that user level is the correct option for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I've tried /zoom logout and am still stuck in this endless authorization loop

The same thing is happening to me. Did you find a solution?

colegs

@s_rei123 - If everyone else is already has zoom integration, are they using user level or are they connected via account level?  If you have both user and account integrations on your account, it could be causing a conflict.

I don't know, I assumed everyone is using user level? The difference between the two is very confusing. I assumed that the admins at my company would have set up the account level, why would each individual user set up an account level when it makes it sound like doing so allows everyone access? The wording is very confusing. I tried deactivating my account and setting up a new account and still the issue persists. Everyone else at my company is using this integration perfectly fine, I can't understand why it would just not work for my account

This is still me, I'm the OP. I just had to create a new profile name because I terminated my account I guess? 

colegs

That would logically make sense, although I couldn't say for sure without seeing errors on either side.  The good news is it sounds like you are connected now?

nope I am not connected. I am still stuck in an endless authorization loop

colegs

Can you check with your Admin or someone who has it installed to have them walk through your install with you?  It sounds like something is not matching up between Zoom and Slack, but without actually seeing what is on each side, it is hard to tell.  Thousands of people have the Zoom/Slack integration working, so I don't think there is a bug (although it is not impossible), so I would think either something was not installed correctly on 1 side or the other, or there is a conflict somewhere.

I have already done this. I have walked through the install with a coworker who's account works and I have asked my admin. Is there anything more specific you can direct me toward? If I were to ask my admin again what would I have him look for? If everyone at my company is successfully using the integration, what are some possible reasons that might doesn't work? I don't know what you mean when you say 'there is a conflict somewhere'

hstrong
Listener

I am able to download the Zoom integration to my Slack on my own. Still having the same authorization issue.

colegs

Are you using the same email for both Slack and Zoom?  Do you have owner/admin rights on your account @hstrong ?

hstrong
Listener

I am using the same email address on Slack and Zoom. There is a Slack admin, but I can ask them to look into anything/change anything. I downloaded Zoom on my own so I should be the admin there.