Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensharing

Michael_81
Listener
Hello everyone,

first of all, a short description of the hardware I'm using:

Apple MacMini M1 (MacOS Monterey 12.0.1), Samsung 4K monitor via HDMI (Screen A), ASUS mobile monitor via USB DisplayLink (Screen B)

If I want to release a video including sound in Zoom from a window on the second monitor (Screen B), the image freezes and the sound is transmitted. Doing this on the main screen (Screen A), everything works fine. I think, the reason of this problem is the DisplayLink driver here.

If I now run the video in full screen on the second monitor and share the entire desktop, it works. However, all events (e.g. who has just come into the Zoom waiting room, etc.) are now also displayed on the second screen (Screen B) and transmitted to all participants. But all the zoom windows are on the main screen (Screen A).

Can I change settings somewhere, so that these messages are only displayed on the main screen (Screen A) and not on the monitor that is currently being shared?

Thanks in advance!

Many greetings

Michael
1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Michael_81 I would ensure first that the monitor you want defaults in the Display settings is set to the monitor you prefer. You can also try to ensure that dual monitors is enabled

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.30.13 PM.png

Let me know if checking to ensure your display you want is defaulted as well as using dual monitor for your in-meeting experience. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!