cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant't connect with a guest even when a host(me) is already in a personal meeting room

mar11
Listener

I send a guest the link of my personal meeting room. When it's the time to start the meeting, I was waiting in my personal meeting room for the guest but at the same time the guest was also waiting in my personal meeting room for me.  so I exsited and  joined the meeting over and over again. (I got the email which told me that the guest joined my meeting room, so I entered with pushing 'start the meeting' from the email over and over again.) Eventually we connected each other but took some time to connect. I don't want this happen again. 

detailed situation: a guest was in Hong Kong and I was in Japan. I use LAN cable for strong network and not sure what the guest uses. 

It never happened when I connect with people in Japan(the same country) before.

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @mar11

Typically this has more to do with scheduling the personal meeting than it does with the geographical location. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203276937-Using-Personal-Meeting-ID-PMI-

When you schedule the meeting, are you going into your Zoom Meeting client (also known as the Zoom App) and clicking on the home page, and then clicking on the "Meet now" button, or are you utilizing another method to schedule a personal meeting using your PMI?

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for your reply. I've never schedule any meetings. I always click "held the meeting' and then waitied for a guest. I use both zoom website from google chrome and zoom app. I don't know which is better though. So should it be better situation if I schedule a meeting using my PMI?

YaBoiB

@mar11 , 

I am not familiar with the term "held the meeting" can you elaborate on that for me please?

As for whether to use PMI or not, that is just a preference. What I am talking about is how you "schedule" your meetings. 

Are you scheduling them from the Zoom App (Meeting Client) like this?

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.10.12 PM.png

 or are you scheduling your meeting from the My Meetings - Zoom web console like this?

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.11.06 PM.png

Regards,

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?