cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen share - Removing Thumbnail on Host Screen

Smoothie
Listener

As Host, I frequently screen-share PowerPoint slides and wish to remove completely the thumbnail in the top right.  There are four settings below the thumbnail with the best one being the ‘underscore’ which removes the video of the spotlighted video.  However it replaces it with a bar with the word: “Talking …” - which I don’t want either.  How can I remove this intrusion to leave nothing at all (for the Host’s  screen only)?  
Thank you in anticipation of your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Smoothie
Listener

So I have found the solution to my problem:

When screen sharing, simply go to the drop-down menu at the top, click on “More” and in the new drop-down sub menu select ”Hide Video Panel”. This removes the thumbnail (or the word “Talking:”) from the Host’s screen - just what I wanted!  
I usually also then hide the whole Screen-share control panel by selecting “Hide Floating Meeting Controls”, again from the “More” sub-menu.  The whole Shared-screen is then uncluttered and suitable for me simultaneously to project (via HDMI) onto my physical screen in the hall.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Smoothie
Listener

So I have found the solution to my problem:

When screen sharing, simply go to the drop-down menu at the top, click on “More” and in the new drop-down sub menu select ”Hide Video Panel”. This removes the thumbnail (or the word “Talking:”) from the Host’s screen - just what I wanted!  
I usually also then hide the whole Screen-share control panel by selecting “Hide Floating Meeting Controls”, again from the “More” sub-menu.  The whole Shared-screen is then uncluttered and suitable for me simultaneously to project (via HDMI) onto my physical screen in the hall.

CassandraWilson
Listener

Thanks! I was looking for the opposite so I used what you said in reverse! I clicked Show Video Panel! Now I hope it works and shows my video in the screen sharing! Thanks again. Cassandra