cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Share

RWM54
Listener

I was helping a colleague prepare for a presentation this morning. When he shared his screen I saw a checkered black box representative of the participants he had on his screen and of the zoom controls bar (audio mute video stop, chat etc.)  I am sure it is a setting but we were not able to find it in the time we had. Does anyone have a suggestion or knowledge of what would cause this problem? We can't fix it for today's presentation so he will muddle through, but we need to resolve it before the next presentation. TIA for any help. RWM54 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I would first confirm that your colleague is running and joining the Zoom meeting with the downloaded and installed Zoom application versus a Web Browser. I just ran into this issue with a couple of folks I support, and simply changing to using the Zoom Application solved the gre
If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Second: Go to the Share Screen Settings in the Zoom app and click on the Advanced Button on the bottom. I first confirm that under Use hardware Acceleration for section that Screen Sharing is checked.

If the grey boxes still appear then I would recommend to click on the | ••• | on the toolbar and select Hide Floating Meeting Controls. They will go away in 1 to 3 seconds, but it's possible that they show-up, again. Not sure what causes this.

If the grey boxes continue to pop-up on the attendee screens, I would highly recommend a dual monitor computer configuration. This will give you the ability to click-n-drag the toolbar and other windows to the other monitor.

Also, keep in mind that through these above steps the grey boxes may stop showing on the Attendees Screens, but the presenter may think it is still a problem. This is due to the presenter is still seeing the Toolbar and others windows, although the attendees are not.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen

I would first confirm that your colleague is running and joining the Zoom meeting with the downloaded and installed Zoom application versus a Web Browser. I just ran into this issue with a couple of folks I support, and simply changing to using the Zoom Application solved the gre
If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Second: Go to the Share Screen Settings in the Zoom app and click on the Advanced Button on the bottom. I first confirm that under Use hardware Acceleration for section that Screen Sharing is checked.

If the grey boxes still appear then I would recommend to click on the | ••• | on the toolbar and select Hide Floating Meeting Controls. They will go away in 1 to 3 seconds, but it's possible that they show-up, again. Not sure what causes this.

If the grey boxes continue to pop-up on the attendee screens, I would highly recommend a dual monitor computer configuration. This will give you the ability to click-n-drag the toolbar and other windows to the other monitor.

Also, keep in mind that through these above steps the grey boxes may stop showing on the Attendees Screens, but the presenter may think it is still a problem. This is due to the presenter is still seeing the Toolbar and others windows, although the attendees are not.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

RWM54
Listener

This was the problem. Thanks for the input.