cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Glitch while screensharing when toolbar or video goes on the side

Cavy
Listener

Hi there, 

I have noted that my screen glitches on my side during screen sharing IF the toolbar or video goes to the side of the screen. If I keep the toolbar and video away from the sides then there is no problem. However, with the latest update, the toolbar automatically starts off on the side. It is not a little glitch - half of my screen goes black and the other half becomes quite pixelated and blurry. If I stop screen sharing I can see my whole screen again but the "blurriness and pixelated" effect remains and then my screen flashes randomly. I then have to restart my laptop for it to be ok. I have a Dell Core i7, 10th gen, and Windows 10. Zoom version 5.16.2. Any suggestions out there?  Many thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Cavy welcome to the community! Could you try changing your screen capture mode to 'secure share with window filtering'? To access these settings, from the Zoom desktop settings > click on 'screen share' > Advanced > screen capture mode to 'secure share with window filtering'. Once you've changed the screen capture mode, please try to re-create the issue and see if you're experiencing the same. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Cavy welcome to the community! Could you try changing your screen capture mode to 'secure share with window filtering'? To access these settings, from the Zoom desktop settings > click on 'screen share' > Advanced > screen capture mode to 'secure share with window filtering'. Once you've changed the screen capture mode, please try to re-create the issue and see if you're experiencing the same. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!