cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove or edit a phrase that displays following my name when I join meetings.

Mark46
Listener

How can I remove or edit a phrase that displays following my name when I join meetings.  Currently it says something like "Mark, the best ever", and I want it to only list my name. 

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Mark46, Welcome to the Zoom Community!

Thank you for reaching out with your question about customizing the name display when you join Zoom meetings. 

To remove or edit the phrase that displays following your name when you join meetings, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign In to Zoom web portal: If you aren't already signed in, make sure to sign in with your Zoom account (zoom.us/profile)

2. Edit Name:  Locate the Profile section. To the right of your name, you should see an "Edit" link. Click on it.

3. Edit Display Name: A window will pop up that allows you to edit your name and Display Name.

4. Save Changes: After making the desired changes, make sure to click the "Save" or "OK" button to confirm your changes.

5. Restart Zoom: To ensure that the changes take effect, you might need to restart the Zoom application or, in some cases, sign out and sign back in.

Once you've completed these steps, your name will be displayed as you want it during Zoom meetings, without the extra phrase.

If you encounter any difficulties during this process or have any further questions, let me know!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?