cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring meeting attendance with no waiting room

ap_bradenton_fl
Listener

What settings must I engage to let attendees of a recurring meeting into the meeting without first being put in the waiting room. I am the "host," but sometimes I am not able to attend my own recurring meeting. The meeting still needs to happen, with whomever shows up.

3 REPLIES 3

ap_bradenton_fl
Listener

Still me -- "ap_bradenton_fl" -- I DO NOT want attendees to get the "Waiting for Host to Start Meeting" window, either! I just would like them to be admitted immediately into the meeting - no host/no waiting room.  Is this doable?

It is possible, but I am not enough of an expert to guide you as to how.  On my personal (paid) Zoom account I set up a meeting with no waiting room.  Anyone with the link can just land themselves right into the meeting.  No password either.  But I don't know how I did that and would like to do the same for my Toastmasters club recurring meetings.   

JimLuck
Listener

I think the answer is you must require a passcode in order to be able to disable waiting room.   That sounds like still a pain, albeit a different pain, but actually it is not because there is a way to embed the passcode in the meeting invite link.   That must be what I have done.     I can't tell you how to implement this, but at least now you know what you are looking for:  How to add a passcode to a meeting, how to embed the passcode in the meeting link and how to turn off waiting room once you have enabled passcode.   Unfortunately there are multiple places scattered throughout the Zoom platform where there are relevant check boxes and you have to find them all and get them all right for it to do what you want.  There are some at the account level and some at the meeting level.