cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a deleted cloud recording

JohnB2
Listener

Hi,

I recorded three separate instructional videos (meetings) on Zoom on the same day over a year ago. The recordings for two of these meetings are still available but the video recording of third one has been deleted (not by me, deliberately or accidentally), leaving only the audio recording.

Is there anything I can do to recover the deleted video recording? I submitted a problem report to Zoom but didn't receive any response.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

5 REPLIES 5

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

If the account owner of the paid account has enabled Allow recovery of deleted cloud recordings from Trash, you'll see a Trash Can icon on the top-right of your recordings window.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I don't see that trash can icon on my recordings screen, so it looks like that recovery facility has not been enabled. Is that the only circumstance that would allow recovery or could so

I will take this up with the IS support team in my institution, who presumably have some direct contacts with Zoom support, to see if they can do anything.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Sorry, part of that last message got corrupted. I meant to say:

Is that the only circumstance that would allow recovery or could someone with a higher access privilege be able to recover the recording?

ZoomTestKitchen

I'm not aware of another option within an organization that could provide more. I'm not sure whether Zoom has backend safeguards or not. It might be worth a call to support.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

JohnB2
Listener

Hi Jeff,

FYI, I raised a support ticket with Zoom regarding the deleted recording and they were able to retrieve it for me, so a good result in the end.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Regards,

John