cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording overwritten

Kajjan
Listener

I was going to record the meeting and made a test recording at 16.47 before we started just to check that it worked- and it did! The audio was saved in my zoom file. 

Then the other participants joined and I restarted the recording at 17.07 and stoped the recording at 18.30. I opened the zoom folder and there is the recording but when I klick to convert it I only get the 2.05 minute long "test" recording that I did 16.47.

The file looks big enough to contain a longer audio-file but I only get the small one when I open it!

To add on that I can not find the recording at all on my zoom account, I assume that is because the meeting was scheduled and set up from my employers account, but he can also not find the recording on his account. 

Please help!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kajjan welcome to the community! You mentioned recording conversion, which would only happen with local recordings, not cloud recordings. The Local Recordings will be located and accessible to the person who initiated the local recording, and will thus be stored on the user's local drive. Here is a Knowledge Base article on Finding and viewing local recordings, let me know if this helps finding the files needed. If you're still having issues finding your local recording files, follow these local recording troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. Let me know if any of the KB articles help with troubleshooting your missing recording files. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!