cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a specific speaker/participant in full screen while screen share is on?

rv
Listener

I am trying to record a specific participant/speaker while another participant  is sharing their screen. Basically we are sharing a screen to show a video and want to record the reaction of one specific person while they are watching it. Which we can hopefully get an recording export of that person in full screen.

If I pin the participant, the recording will alway show the shared screen and the participant in a small thumbnail on the right.

Is there any way for me to record just that specific participant when a screen is shared?

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @rv 

I am not sure you can accomplish this with just a local recording, but with a cloud recording this should be possible. 
In cloud recording settings, ensure that "Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately" is enabled with Active Speaker selected as well. Other recording layouts can be used as well. 

When in the meeting, make sure to spotlight that participants, which will essentially make them always the active speaker. 

Between spotlighting and recording the active speaker view separately from the shared content, that should get you want you want. 

Test that and see if it suits your needs. 

vprice
Listener

Would you mind showing a screenshot of how you do that? thanks, Vivian

Bort

Hi @vprice 

I've edited my comment above to link to articles that provide more info on how to accomplish those tasks. 

sag0724
Listener

Hi Bort, does this recording of the speaker record done this way record at 1920x1080? I need to record a speaker while they read a teleprompter, that's what the screen share would be showing them, but I need the speaker's screen recorded in 1920x1080.

LAD
Listener

FYI, in case anyone else was wondering, I followed @Bort's advice above and it worked! Only bummer was it defaulted to recording at 640x360 resolution. But if you have a Pro plan you can request Group HD video at 720p from Zoom Support.