cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing Record Button

karenb2
Listener

Dear Zoom community,

I have been recording on Zoom with my desktop computer. However, I went on a trip and bought a Samsung Chrome laptop to do the same. However, after downloading the application, there is no record button, even after changing the settings on my profile as indicated. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, graciously. 

Karen 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you bought a Chromebook, unfortunately the version of Zoom that runs on that OS is not able to record locally. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bort

If you bought a Chromebook, unfortunately the version of Zoom that runs on that OS is not able to record locally. 

Bort, I appreciate the feedback much. Is there any add on feature to make it work, or can you suggest a version I should get because this was the purpose of me buying this computer in the laptop? 

You make an awesome Community Champion. Thank you, graciously. 

Bort

Unfortunately, it is a current limitation of Chromebooks and how that specific Zoom app is designed. You could still record to the cloud, if you have a paid Zoom account. Beyond that, I would suggest submitting feedback so that such an enhancement is considered for future development. 

Hi Bort :

I am having same issue.  I have microsoft edge and I downloaded zoom form my browser.  Same issue - no record button.  Will I have to upgrade to record?  Please advise and thank you.

I have the same issue and I do not have a Chromebook. I am using a Dell. The record button was there several months ago.

kyla
Listener

Hi @Bort,

I'm currently using an MSI desktop and I don't have a RECORD button as well. Can you help, please?

Thank you!

Bort

Hi @kyla 

Based on that screenshot, it looks like you are actually using the PWA, which is a browser-based version of the Zoom app. This version does not support local recordings unfortunately. You could start a cloud recording, if you are the host of the meeting and are on a paid account. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

2023-06-15_14-21-11.jpg