cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECEIVING ERRORS SETTING UP VIRTUAL BACKGROUNDS

EdwardsD
Listener

I am not getting the support i need to set up certain features in my Pro account. I was told that i cannot receive live support because my plan does not allow me to have this service. i am not even getting a customer service person on the line  to explain this nuance to me. 

It seem the full contract content was not understood,  to show what is included in my zoom plan. Very  challenging to get help here.

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

The virtual background function needs to be enabled on the account globally by the Zoom admin role  and then in your own account settings. There are also system requirements that need to be met.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511    Pay careful attention to the processor requirements. If your processor does not qualify you will encounter errors.

Account
To enable the Virtual Background feature for all users in the account:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with permission to edit account settings.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
In the Meeting tab, navigate to the Virtual Background option (under the In Meeting (Advanced) section) and verify that the setting is enabled.
Note: If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
(Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
(Optional) Check Allow use of videos for virtual backgrounds then Save to confirm the change, to grant your users access to video virtual backgrounds.
(Optional) Check Allow users to upload custom backgrounds then Save to confirm the change, to grant your users access to upload their own virtual backgrounds in addition to the backgrounds currently uploaded.
(Optional) Click Manage virtual background to upload default background images available for users.

Note: Users must have client/app version 5.1.1 or higher to see the background images you upload.

(Optional) Check Require users to always use virtual background then Save to confirm the change.
(Optional) Check Reset virtual backgrounds to default for users after each meeting to reset any virtual background, selected by the admin, for users after any Zoom meeting. When a user changes their pre-approved virtual background for a specific meeting, their background will automatically reset back to the default after the meeting.

User
To enable the Virtual Background feature for your own use:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

In the navigation menu, click Settings.
In the Meeting tab, navigate to the Virtual Background option (under the In Meeting (Advanced) section) and verify that the setting is enabled.
Notes:
If the setting is disabled, click the status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image#h_2ef2808... 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!