cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem hearing my singing students

GutsyGirl
Listener

I can not hear my singing students well in certain ranges on the scale when they are doing the vocal exercises. Sometimes I notice there is a difference if they move to a specific spot but I really need to get this handled. Even if they are practically on top of their speaker, I still can't hear them well.  How can this be fixed?

7 REPLIES 7

AGH3rd
Participant

Your students do NOT need to be anywhere near their speakers for you to hear them.

They need to be singing/speaking DIRECTLY into their microphones.

That is the best advice I can give without knowing the exact physical layout and what audio equipment they are using.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @GutsyGirl 👋 I agree with @AGH3rd. It also might be worth checking the background noise suppression settings of your students. For your lessons, I'd suggest having them use low background noise suppression to see if that helps. 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you! I think I meant microphone....should they be using an external microphone or usb one that connects into their computer.  I luckily do not need a microphone for them to hear me 🙂

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I'd suggest using Original sound with High-fidelity music mode, which will disable noise suppression (which is likely what is causing issues with their voices) and provide higher-qaulity audio in the meeting. 

It depends on several variables... cost being a big one.

A USB Headset/Mic can get them started or a stand alone Mike and speakers can also work.

If singing  is involved, then stay away from compression Microphones.

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Also make sure that you (and anyone else in the Meeting) stays muted in Zoom. If one person is trying to sing, every other person should be muted in Zoom.

Everyone wearing headphones would also help your general audio - it will prevent Zoom from needing to do so much echo cancellation from sound coming from speakers into microphones.

This together with @Bort's Original Sound and High Fidelity suggestion should help you a lot, from where you are.

Totally agree Rupert!