cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post meeting report/usage didnt save participants email addresses

edenshecodes
Listener

We use the usage report (https://us06web.zoom.us/account/my/report) to identify which users come back to our meetings. our last report didnt include any email addresses, altho everyone had to sign in and authenticate. I also tested with some users that said they were logged in so their email must have been on file.

The only email I see in the report is mine, and I REALLY need this data 😞

is there a support team that can assist restoring the addresses? please

Thanks

Eden

6 REPLIES 6

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@edenshecodes There have been recent changes to reporting to protect the privacy of guests when joining meetings. 

Please see this FAQ regarding when to expect email addresses to show. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4416109814541-March-2022-FAQ-on-reporting-changes

I suggest utilizing authentication exceptions or registration prior to these meetings if they aren't for users only on your account. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

edenshecodes
Listener

Thanks @J-Zoom-ATL for your kind response.

I understand this is a feature and not a bug, yet I dont understand how I can collect this data. I tried adding registration but our meeting id is constant (weekly meeting) so most of our users just use the same meeting ID and bypass the registrations, since there's no technical enforcement.

Could you please elaborate how can I collect this data from our participants?

Thanks

J-Zoom-ATL

@edenshecodes Unfortunately if this data isn't captured in the Account management -> Reports -> Active Hosts report (if you don't have access this is accessible by your admins) then best practice here would be to look at rescheduling to force your users to register for the new information. 

We are hosting a virtual class with a weekly meeting and the same students. We want to know who attended to the class. Changing the meeting ID is not feasible... also the student will send the actual meeting id to each other instead of registering.

I have to say its kind of weird to not be able to know who attended to our meeting. It makes zoom kind of useless for us as a platform for teaching...

Anyway, thank you for your time!

J-Zoom-ATL

@edenshecodes Are these students on the same Zoom account as yourself? If so, you can enable authentication profiles requiring them to sign in so that they display in reporting. This wouldn't apply to guests (not on the same account) but may be a feasible solution. 

nope, they are guest... 😞