cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are using my personal room when there's no meeting

ErnieTamminga
Listener

I've received several email notifications recently about someone entering my personal Zoom room when there isn't any meeting going on or scheduled.  I set the "let participants enter before host" to only five minutes, thinking that this would keep the room "closed" until meeting time, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I do use the same personal meeting room identifier every time, so it looks to me like the link/invite I send out can always be used at any time -- even when I've not planned a meeting -- by folks who had received an invite from me earlier... but I didn't think that people would be able to come in and use the room when I haven't started or scheduled a meeting, and when I'm not there.

Is this how it's "supposed" to work?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ErnieTamminga.

If you are using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for all of your meetings and you have Join Before Host set on your PMI... you have to keep in mind that your PMI is never "scheduled" - it's always available for you, and this likely let's anyone join it at any time.

I recommend using the "Generate Automatically" setting for your scheduled meetings, send the invite to your attendees with the custom Meeting ID and a Passcode (and Waiting Room disabled), and set the Join Before Host there. 

Ray_Harwood_1-1689295265759.png

I'd also remove the Join Before Host setting on your PMI.  Enabling it automatically sets the duration to "Anytime", since "x minutes before" doesn't make sense because PMI's aren't "scheduled."

Ray_Harwood_0-1689295113803.png

Hopefully that helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

businessacademy
Listener

This is what I'm trying to do! But it keeps putting people in the waiting room even when disabled and allowing participants to join anytime.