cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One person's name is appearring multiple times in the meeting

editcozoom
Listener

Problem:  I have everyone register for the meeting. The first-person name who registers name (for example A B) is being used automatically by people who come into the meeting.  So, I can end up with 4 people in the meeting named A B.   This makes it impossible to know who is in the meeting defeating the reason purpose of having people register in the first place.  It could be people who have no Zoom profile account that come into the meeting with the A B name. Is this a known problem?  How do I correct this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @editcozoom.

The most common cause of this is sharing or distribution of a registrant's Join link.  Whoever "A B" actually is probably shared their Join link with others. 

My suggestion: Look in your registration data to see who that is, find their email address, and ask them via email.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

editcozoom
Listener

Found out today that my hypothesis is incorrect.  Some people in the meeting given the name A B did have a Zoom free account therefore not having a Zoom profile account is not the problem.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @editcozoom.

The most common cause of this is sharing or distribution of a registrant's Join link.  Whoever "A B" actually is probably shared their Join link with others. 

My suggestion: Look in your registration data to see who that is, find their email address, and ask them via email.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !