cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No recording button on zoom app on my iPad

SWSM73
Listener

I am using a zoom app on my iPad, and a recording button cannot be found anywhere.   A recording option is not included in the meeting settings, even after I added  “screening records”  in the control centre.   I greatly appreciate if anybody can tell me what’s going on and how I can add a recording option.  Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Are you a licensed user on a Pro or Business account? 

If you are not on a paid account, you will not be able to record on an iPad, as iPads can only record to the cloud. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Bort

Are you a licensed user on a Pro or Business account? 

If you are not on a paid account, you will not be able to record on an iPad, as iPads can only record to the cloud. 

Oh, I see!  I am a basic account holder…. Thank you so much for your very prompt reply!  

Bort

Sure thing, happy to help! 

If you need to record a meeting through Zoom, you will need to install the desktop client, which can record locally to that computer, even with free accounts. 

A-ha!!  Good to know!  Again, thank you!  

I'm having the same problem as this gentleman and I do have a business account.  Any suggestions as to why I can't find a record button?

So as long as I subscribe to premium I can save to my iPad?  I have 512g of storage.  

Aadi_Gulabani
Listener

I also have a business account and have the same exact problem on my iPad Mini 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

As Bort said, it is not possible to record to an iPad  ( local recording) regardless of account type.

If you have a paid account your iPad can start a cloud recording.

This requires your meeting settings and global account settings to be set up to allow and use cloud recording.

If you have a paid account and don’t see a record button on your iPad you have not set up cloud recording properly.

Please see this Zoom support article on how to enable cloud recording:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060231472-Enabling-cloud-recording 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

U2Sun
Listener

What if i am using ipad app and logged in with a free account but join a meeting ID that is a Pro account.  Might i then get a record button ?

Frank_TB

There is no way to record to an iPad at this time. An iPad can trigger a cloud recording under certain conditions. 

The host can use an iPad to start  cloud recording on a pro account or a higher account. If a host allows you to trigger a cloud recording you may be able to do the same, but the only place the recording can go is to the Zoom recording cloud storage of the meeting host.

Regards

Do you know how to implement that setting for a pro account host to allow someone else to trigger a cloud recording ?

U2Sun
Listener

Thank you for all your quick responses.

In terms of a Co-Host.

Sounds like to me that one can only become a Co-host once a meeting has started and not before.